- Advances Omnichannel Solutions for Heavy Goods with Intelligent Technology
XPO Logistics, Inc. (NYSE: XPO), the largest last mile provider for heavy goods in North America, today announced the launch of extensive last mile capabilities on its XPO Connect digital freight marketplace. The company’s last mile business unit specializes in the delivery of heavy goods, many of which require assembly and installation inside the home. In 2018, XPO arranged approximately 40,000 last mile deliveries per day on average.
The benefits of the new technology are widespread:
- XPO’s customers and independent contractors have deeper visibility into the last mile process and more control over the consumer experience.
- Retailers and e-tailers gain actionable business intelligence and capabilities for digital scheduling, geo-tracking, delivery exception monitoring and claims processing.
- Independent service providers can view available offers, geo-monitor tendered routes, track payments and see their performance metrics.
- The company best leverages its 85 last mile hubs in North America and their integration with the XPO Direct shared-space distribution network.
Mario Harik, chief information officer for XPO Logistics, said, “We’re empowering our customers with an expansive suite of digital tools to manage growing demand for last mile services. At the same time, we’re supporting the service providers who represent our customers’ brands. XPO Connect has opened the door to widespread efficiencies across our transportation network.”
XPO expects to invest approximately $550 million in technology this year across its global operations. The company introduced XPO Connect in April 2018 as a cloud-based, fully digital freight marketplace developed with multimodal, self-learning architecture.
This press release includes forward-looking statements within the meaning of United States federal securities law. All statements other than statements of historical fact are, or may be deemed to be, forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements set forth in this press release are qualified by factors that might cause or contribute to a material difference in actual results, as discussed in XPO's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and linked to the investor relations section of the company's website, www.xpo.com, including: economic conditions generally; competition; XPO’s ability to match its investments in equipment, service centers and warehouses with customer demand; XPO’s ability to attract and retain key employees; and XPO’s ability to develop and implement a suitable information technology system. Forward-looking statements set forth in this press release speak only as of the date hereof, and XPO undertakes no obligation to update forward-looking statements to reflect subsequent events or circumstances, changes in expectations or the occurrence of unanticipated events, except to the extent required by law.