We’ve updated our benefits program for US employees to include up to two weeks of paid sick leave in addition to our existing paid time off policy. We’re grateful for everything our employees are doing for each other and for our customers in these extraordinary times.
Pandemic Paid Sick Leave
- We’re providing up to two weeks of 100%-paid sick leave (up to 10 days or 80 hours) per full-time employee. Pandemic Paid Sick Leave is retroactive to March 1, 2020, and will be in effect until May 15, 2020. These paid sick days are in addition to our standard paid time off (PTO) policy, which is provided to employees to use when they’re ill, taking a vacation or need to be away from work. Pandemic Paid Sick Leave can be utilized when an employee is:
- Being tested for COVID-19 or awaiting test results
- Under mandatory quarantine, including when an employee is under company-ordered isolation following direct exposure (as defined by the CDC) to COVID-19, or when an employee has been ordered by a local, state or federal authority or their healthcare provider to self-quarantine
- Sharing a household with someone who is awaiting COVID-19 test results
- Under self-quarantine based on a city or state lockdown order or if they’ve traveled in the past 14 days to a CDC-designated level 2/3 country
- We’re also providing up to three additional days of paid leave for employees affected by workplace closures when sanitization is needed following COVID-19 exposure.
- These changes are in addition to other measures we’ve already implemented to protect the health and well-being of our employees, including:
- We’ve procured massive quantities of hand sanitizer and gloves.
- We’ve instructed employees to practice preventative hygiene and social distancing measures to every possible extent in all locations.
- We’ve rolled out no-contact delivery procedures to help protect drivers.
- All site managers have been instructed to help prevent COVID-19 exposure by asking employees screening questions about health, travel and contact with others before employees enter XPO facilities each day.
Outside of the US, XPO will continue to offer comprehensive sick leave benefits in compliance with federal and local regulations.